Location: Onion Lake, SK
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
General Job Description:
The CFO is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and assisting with economic development strategies, policies, and initiatives that improve the community, socioeconomic, and business development at the Corporation. Working closely with Entity Managers, the executive team, and Board of Directors, this position is responsible for analyzing financial management matters, identifying alternatives, and recommending solutions that address immediate and longer term operational and strategic requirements. The CFO is also responsible for providing day-to-day financial administration in support of procurement, financial accountability, transparency, and sound financial governance, in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures, and generally all accepted accounting principles. The CFO must be a strategic thinker that reviews financial trends, analyzes and prepares financial plans, and provides recommendations on sources and uses of funds. The CFO analyzes budgets, ensures actions are in compliance with legal and policy requirements, monitors cash flow and reports the appropriate financial matters to the CEO, and/or the applicable areas of the Corporation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) or equivalent. Minimum of five to ten (5- 10) years of prior experience within a finance department
- Experience with budget, accounting, and reporting systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced proficiency with Sage Intacct accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications is an asset.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with First Nation business/ corporations, key business partners, and government agencies.